Bob has had a wide ranging involvement including a long-standing committee member for both NSW and Australia and appreciable involvement in the delivery of ACPS courses. His service is listed below:
- 17 years on the Committee – 1988-89 until 2004-05
- 2 years as Chairman – 1994-95 to 1995-96
- 1 year as Secretary – 1993-94
- 6 years on the Committee – 1994-95 to 1999-2000
- 1 year as Chairman – 1997-98
- 3 Local Organising Committees.
- 1 Technical Subcommittee
- Organising committee for XIII International Coal Preparation Congress, Brisbane, 1998
- Lecturer at General and Advanced Coal Preparation Courses for 20 years
- Course director of ACPS General and Advanced Courses since 2008
- Formulated, directed and lectured 2 day Site Specific Courses since 2009
- Formulated, directed and lectured 2 day Site Specific and 3 day General Courses in Canada 2012-13
- Lectured and directed Advanced Course in Canada 2013.
Bob entered the coal industry in 1981 as Group Metallurgist Coalex and in following years Plant Manager at Wallerawang, Baal Bone and Wambo. He has also held a number of roles in service companies including CCI and ACIRL. Bob has continued to provide his expertise to the coal industry through his company BJACS.