Darren was involved with the NSW branch committee and the Australian Board. His service is listed below:
- 4 years on the Committee – 2007-08 to 2010-11
- 2 years as Chairman – 2008-09 to 2009-10
- 3 years on the Committee – 20008-09 until 2010-11
- 2 years as Chairman – 2009-10 to 2010-11
- 2 Local Organising Committees.
- 1 Technical Subcommittee
- Lecturer at Introductory and Advanced Coal Preparation
- ACIRS development and implementation.
- ACPS representative on the Australian Standards Committee (Coal).
- Chairman of ACARP Coal Processing Committee.
- Member of ACARP research committee
Darren had a number of operational roles at Warkworth, Mt Thorley and Hunter Valley, and was then Manager Coal Processing Improvement for the Rio Tinto Coal Australia. He is now with Glencore’s Prodeco group in Colombia.