Frank was the foundation Treasurer of the Coal Preparation Society (of NSW) and a long serving committee member. He was a great servant of the Society and is a Life Member. Frank’s contributions are summarised below:
- 11 years on the Committee – in 1966-67 to 1980-81
- 2 years as Chairman – 1975-76 and 1976-77
- 9 years as Treasurer – during period 1966-67 to 1980-81
International Coal Preparation Congress:
- National organising committee, and Treasurer, for 1976 VII ICPC (Sydney)
- Local/National Organising Committee for the First Australian Coal Preparation Conference in Newcastle in 1981.
- Author of the first Society textbook, namely "An Introduction to Coal Preparation" (published 1985, reprinted 1992).
- Lecturer at Society Coal Preparation Courses.
Frank spent all his working life in Australia with ACIRL (Australian Coal Industry Research Laboratories) after starting his career with the National Coal Board in the UK.