Noel was involved with the NSW Branch Committee and the Australian Board. His service is listed below:
- 7 years on the Committee – 2002-03 to 2008-09
- 5 years as Treasurer – 2002-03 to 2006-07
- 5 years on the Committee – 2004-05 to 2008-09
- 3 years as Technical Director 2004-05 to 2006-07
- 1 Local Organising Committee
- 5 Technical Subcommittees including one (14th) as Chairman.
- Lecturer and Course Director at General and Advanced Coal Preparation Courses
- Lecturer on ACPS General and Advanced Courses in Canada
- Sampling Course and Slurry Pumping Course Director for the ACPS
- University Course Lecturer and Director for the ACPS
- ACPS delegate for Australian Standards
- Introduced the Wall Planner for the ACPS
- Actively supported a range of Society activities including website, joint newsletters and a reinvigorated approach to technical publications.
- Initiated the ACPS producing and selling ACIRS
- Contributed a range of papers for conferences and seminars.
Currently works as Chief Engineer of Clean Process Technologies.