Tony has been involved in many ground breaking activities for the Society, served on the NSW branch committee and the Australian Board, and is a Life Member. His service is listed below:
- 11 years on the Committee – various periods between 1981-82 and 1998-99
- 2 years as Chairman – 1997-98 and 1998-99
- 6 years on the Committee – in the period 1998-90 to 1998-99
- 1 Local Organising Committee
- 5 Technical subcommittees, chairman of one.
International Coal Preparation Congress:
- Editor of Proceedings, VII ICPC (Sydney) in 1976
- National organising committee for 1998 XIII ICPC (Brisbane)
- Editor of Proceedings for Brisbane XIII ICPC
- Organisation of first advanced coal preparation course (1976) and first live-in NSW Advanced Course in 1981.
- Lecturer at Introductory and Advanced Coal Preparation Courses.
- Co-editor of the first edition of the Advanced Coal Preparation Monograph series
During his involvement with the Society, Tony has worked for University of NSW, Austen & Butta / Shell Coal, ACIRL, and Advanced Coal Processing.