Geoff was a long serving member of the NSW Branch Committee and very much involved in some of the early ACPS conferences. His service is listed below:
- 9 years on the Committee – 1978-79 to 1987-88
- 2 years as Chairman – 1983-84 and 1984-85
- 2 years as Treasurer – 1981-82 and 1982-83
- 3 National Organising Committees for Second, Third and Fourth Conferences
- Chairman Local Organising Committee for Third Conference (Wollongong)
- Organiser and lecturer at Introductory and Advanced Coal Preparation Courses
- One of the organisers for the hire of the relatively new XPT Trains for the Society’s visits to Saxonvale and Ulan Mines, which saw the XPT parked under the relatively new loadout bins on the Ulan and Saxonvale Loops.
Geoff has held a number of roles in engineering and operating companies including Sedgman, Scantech, White Mining, Bateman Kinhill, Aurecon Hatch, Coalworks and AustMine.