Ken was a stalwart of the Society and a Life Member of the Australian Coal Preparation Society. His service is listed below:
- 7 years on the Committee – 1974-75 until 1980-81
- 2 years as Chairman – 1979-80 and 1980-81
- 1 years as Secretary – 1975-76
- 1 Local Organising Committee
- Chairman of National Organising Committee for First Australian Coal Preparation Conference
- Strongly involved with the social side of NSW Branch activities.
Ken worked for Clutha then Bulk Materials Coal Handling (BMCH).